Basic Pancake Recipe
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable, plus extra for frying
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1 Put the flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into the middle.
- Step 2 Pour in 50ml milk and 1 tbsp oil.
- Step 3 Start whisking from the centre, gradually drawing the flour into the eggs, milk and oil. Once all the flour is incorporated, beat until you have a smooth, thick paste. Add a little more milk if it is too stiff to beat.
- Step 4 Add a good splash of milk and whisk to loosen the thick batter.
- Step 5 While still whisking, pour in a steady stream of the remaining milk.
- Step 6 Continue pouring and whisking until you have a batter that is the consistency of slightly thick single cream.